Welcome to Division 1 at Thompson's Class Blog

This site has been put together by Mr. Rollins and my students at Thompson Elementary School in Richmond

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mr. Young's Reply


Here is what I received from Mr. Young (via email) after he got your letters:

This afternoon around 10 minutes to four I received a call from the
reception to tell me there was an envelope for me and she was closing the
office at 4. If I wanted it tonight could I pick it up before 4. I did so.
What a heartwarming surprise I received when I opened the envelope. I had received some letters from the school where my daughter-in-law works last year. Getting these letters is without a doubt one of the most emotional happenings I have experienced
since serving in the army. It is hard for me to accept all the accolades
poured forth from these students. Such a large body of volunteers are no
longer able to read the comments as they have paid the supreme sacrifice and
I feel guilty receiving them because I was lucky enough to survive. I can
only express my thanks for the thoughtfulness of your students to express
their feelings, so well put together in their comments - which
touched me very deeply. On behalf of all those who had their life snuffed
out fighting for what they believed in - freedom - please convey my
personal thanks to the students who prepared these letters which were
delivered to me today. Their thoughts give me hope that the future is in
good hands, and that I spent almost five years of my life on a worthwhile
effort to make this world a better place for generations to come.

Malcolm Young

No comments:

Post a Comment